Accurate Weather App

Discussion in 'Travel & Local' started by AyJay, Oct 16, 2013.

1. AyJay

AyJay New Member

The weather widget I have on my phone is junk. I need one that is actually accurate and not one that is several hours, sometimes a day, behind, and will actually notify me of severe weather. My husband uses WeatherBug, but when I tried it, it made my phone glitch.
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  2. Awe

Awe New Member

I tried WeatherBug too and I didn't like it. It was always running in the background which sucked up my battery. I use my local Fox 5 affiliate station app. That thing uses AccuWeather to get their forecasts so it's really accurate. Have you also tried The Weather Channel app? Even the AccuWeather app itself is really good but I only need one on my phone.
  3. Brit

Brit New Member

I use the AccuWeather app and I like it. It does run all the time though, which is a major draw back. But I don't know many weather apps that don't run constantly because they have to get temperature, and forecast updates.
  4. Ella25

Ella25 Member

I actually have a Yahoo weather widget on my phone and as long as there are no issues with my internet connectivity, it stays up-to-date at all times. I've tried some of the other weather widgets out there, including WeatherBug and AccuWeather, but out of all of them, I still like the Yahoo widget the best.
  5. Brit

Brit New Member

Yahoo! has a weather widget? Hmm, hopefully it doesn't work anything like their email app! That thing is atrocious most of the time. I'm seriously thinking about deleting my last Yahoo! email address. I got rid of one already.
  6. AyJay

AyJay New Member

Thanks guys! I will give both of them a shot and see which I like better. I don't have to worry about it running all the time, I turn my data on and off as I need it to save my battery. It's a pain, but it's worth it to get that extra day of battery life.
  7. Lawrence Coleman

Lawrence Coleman Active Member

Thank you for suggest weather app I also want to try those apps.