Calculator App?

Discussion in 'Education' started by The Megster, Sep 18, 2013.

1. The Megster

The Megster New Member

I am taking an advanced math class and in the syllabus, it says that we will cover Graphing later in the semester, so we'll need a TI-83+ or TI-84 graphing calculator. Does anyone know if there's a such thing as a graphing calculator app that I could download for my phone? I'm willing to pay for it, especially if it costs less than the actual graphing calculator would...
  2. metroLG

metroLG Member

Megster -- There are a bunch of graphing calculator apps available on Google Play, although I don't know if any of them are similar to the TI-83+ or TI-84 calculators you're talking about. Most of the apps on Google Play are free though, so it would be worth downloading a few and trying them out if it's going to save you a lot of money.

Check them out here.
  3. Quinn

Quinn New Member

You should probably take a look at a TI-83 and TI-84 and see exactly what they offer. I don't know what makes them stand out from other graphing calculators but you would need to know if you are going to find something comparable.
  4. Aisha

Aisha New Member

Meg, why don't you try searching for a comparable app on the Texas Instruments website? If I'm not mistaken, it's Texas Instruments that makes the TI-83+ and TI-84 calculators.
  5. Brittnee

Brittnee New Member

Man, I wish I had though about looking for a phone app before I dealt out $200 for my TI-84. I might have saved myself a few dollars.
  6. Louise515

Louise515 New Member

Meg, I found an app called "AlmostTI" that claims to be comparable to the TI-83 and TI-84 calculators you're talking about. If you want to, you can check it out here. It's only $5!
  7. Gretchen

Gretchen New Member

Wow, Louise! I don't even need a graphing calculator but I am tempted to buy that one anyway just to see if it really is similar to a $200 calculator!!
  8. Lawrence Coleman

Lawrence Coleman Active Member

There are many calculator app available online, you need to check out on Google.