Rosetta Course

Discussion in 'Education' started by metroLG, Sep 19, 2013.

1. metroLG

metroLG Member

I have always heard that the Rosetta Stone program for learning a new language is the best of the best. Well, now they have an app! It's called Rosetta Course and it's available for free through Google Play. I'm going to download it and check it out. If you guys need to brush up on your own foreign language skills, check it out!
  2. Lana

Lana New Member

I've heard good things about Rosetta too, but never had enough money to buy the program. I wonder how many features you get in the free app, and if you can possibly unlock more features by buying a paid version. I'll have to look into this; thanks for posting. :)
  3. BigDreamer

BigDreamer New Member

I have seen the commercials on TV for this, but did not know there was an app. If it's free then I am going to check it out! Is it the full version?
  4. Brittnee

Brittnee New Member

Rosetta Course is not compatible with my phone. However I was reading about it and, from my understanding, it is a demo course. They have another free course, Totale Companion, but it only works with the Rosetta Stone enrollment.
  5. Louise515

Louise515 New Member

I can't imagine this being the full version for free, but even a demo version would be cool. It would allow you to decide whether or not you'd want to pay for the full version. I'm going to check this out.
  6. Maunie

Maunie Member

That would be interesting. You could even do the vocal part of it driving in the car to work. Does anyone know what the full version would cost as an app?
  7. GameTime

GameTime New Member

I've been in the same position as Lana, I've always wanted to try Rosetta, but I haven't had the money for it. I might download the app this weekend and give it a try.
  8. Maunie

Maunie Member

I should download the app and practice Italian. I might surprise my husband's family by speaking Italian one day! I could use it in the hour long drive to work and back. It would keep me entertained watching people in other cars try to figure out who I am talking to.
  9. Lawrence Coleman

Lawrence Coleman Active Member

What is Rosetta Course any way? I would like to know about its content.