Top 5 Hottest Wallpapers That You Can Get on Your Android Gadget – July 2013

Discussion in 'Live Wallpaper' started by DustenRust, Jul 29, 2013.

1. DustenRust

DustenRust Member

Wallpapers are a great way of customizing your smartphone, and I'm personally a fan of this feature. Every time I unlock my smartphone, I want to be greeted by a beautiful image that always gets me in the right mood.

Live wallpapers are even better, but only if done right. I'm fairly sure that most of you have had unpleasant experiences with live wallpapers that are nothing more than a set of low quality images that shuffle. Either that, or they are just low quality animations, or they eat through your battery like there's no tomorrow.

Well, I've decided to create a list containing 5 of the best live wallpapers that are currently available for download on the Play Store. Some are completely free, while others come in free or paid version which will cost you a few bucks. Evidently, the paid versions will give you more customization options.

Check them out and don't hesitate to drop a line, letting the community know which one you prefer the most.

– Sun Rise Live Wallpaper

Just as the name suggests, Sun Rise wallpaper is all about sunrises. The clouds are slowly moving, rainbows form and birds fly around. It's straightforward, and it's pleasant to look at.

[​IMG]

Play Store - Free Version
    Play Store - Full Version

- Koi Live Wallpaper

With Koi Live Wallpaper you will be able to watch your very own pond of Koi fishes whenever you want. Not only that, but you can also feed your fishes! Just double-tap and see them enjoy. You can even set rain drop to create ripples in the pond!

- Autumn Live Wallpaper

Although we're pretty much stepping into the last month of summer at this point - I'm addressing to all of you in the Northern hemisphere ;) – autumn is closing in pretty fast. Are you on the lookout for a live wallpaper to match the next season? Well, Autumn Live Wallpaper might be exactly what you're looking for.

[​IMG]

- Snowfall Live Wallpaper

Speaking of seasons, Snowfall Live Wallpaper is yet another one, but as you might've already guessed, it's all about the winter season. A bit early, I know, but hey, in this heat, gazing at a few snowflakes slowly falling down might cool your day off.

The LWP has various interesting features, such as lots of settings for colors, time of day tracking and even Santa sightings.

Play Store Full Version

- Thunderstorm Live Wallpaper

And since we're still talking about seasons, well, let's get back to reality. It's still summer, and during this time we're usually experiencing a few thunderstorms. If not, then you can still experience one on your smartphone's wallpaper. Check this out!

2. Aisha

Aisha New Member

How do all of these wallpapers do with battery life? I would love to have a live wallpaper on my smartphone but I don't want something eating up the battery when I'm not even using it, you know?
  3. DustenRust

DustenRust Member

I know what you mean. Live wallpapers tend to eat more battery than regular wallpapers, in general.

Personally, I haven't had any issues with these live wallpapers. Of course, if you wish to maximize battery life, you won't use LWP, but I personally had no issues with these wallpapers.

However, from my experience, this isn't necessarily something that is set in stone. From what I've seen, some phones handle certain live wallpapers better than others. I guess it has to do with what CPU and GPU they have. So it might not always be a general rule.

Give the free versions a try and see how your handset gets along with these LWP :)
  4. The Megster

The Megster New Member

Aisha, DustenRust is absolutely right. My hubby and I both have smartphones and for some reason, mine can handle a live wallpaper a lot better than his can. What's really crazy is the fact that we have the exact same phone! For some reason, something eats his battery within hours while mine will last for a day or more.
  5. Albert

Albert New Member

The Koi Live Wallpaper is really interesting. Just like having your own aquarium without the work of feeding and cleaning. I find watching fish swim around very soothing and relaxing.

As far as battery life, it depends what you do on your smartphone. If I'm online often during the day my battery doesn't last long.
  6. Christy

Christy New Member

Albert, I know what you mean--I like to watch fish swimming around, too. We kept an aquarium in my parent's house for years when I was growing up. When I tried to start and maintain my own aquarium though, I discovered that there is a lot more work involved with it that you might initially think!

I might have to download that Koi wallpaper...
  7. Anton

Anton New Member

I agree about having a live wallpaper draining the battery. On 4GLTE, my phone battery life is not that good. So I started disabling things while I'm out to extend my battery life.
    The live wallpaper is so eye catching though! I'm gonna have to try out that Koi wallpaper.
  8. Eugene

Eugene New Member

Dustin, thanks for sharing these wallpapers. Love the seasonal ones, especially autumn. It is definitely my favorite time of year. I will probably go ahead and download all three and set up autumn.
  9. Denise

Denise New Member

Yes, Dustin, thanks for sharing. I am really in to sunrises and sunsets so I will definitely be checking out this wallpaper. I have to keep a close watch on my battery life because I am always online anyway. I finally invested in a portable charger for my phone.
  10. Lawrence Coleman

Lawrence Coleman Active Member

That was really cool and awesome wallpapers of their time I got many of wallpapers of like that...